1. Use cloth tower to wipe kitchen work tables . Cloth towels can be reused compared to tissue paper.
2. Reuse plastic bags from shopping trips to keep your refuse.
3. Use proper size of pans to cook your food and cover your pots while cooking to save energy. The usage of pressure cookers and steamers anare better and can save around 70% of the energy.
4. Reuse glass and plastic containers as storage items
5. Collect papers/newpapers which are not use and send to recycling centres.
6.Use the washing machine only when they are full. The run-off water from the washing machine can be collected and reused to wash the floor or the toilet.
7. Washing cars with a hose waste a lot of water, wash with water in a pail.
8. Take shower instead of a bath. A shower takes up to 4 times less energy than a bath.
9. Install dual flush toilet system. Compared to the traditional single flush, a dual flush will reduce water consumption by 50% for a family.
10.Adjust the water flow rate when using taps. Low flow water will reduce 25% - 50% of water consumed.
Source : http://www.doe.gov.my